Harvey Maps seeks a Digital Marketing Officer to develop the Companys presence on social and digital media.Background information
Harvey Map Services Ltd makes and publishes maps, principally for walking and cycling. The maps are produced from original data, and edited to suit the particular purpose. HARVEY also provides data to other publishers and carries out contract cartographic work.
HARVEY maps have gained a reputation for being clear, easy to read and fit for purpose. They are widely used by Mountain Rescue Teams, and have received 13 awards for quality and innovation.
HARVEY maps are distributed widely in the UK and abroad and are available in bookshops and outdoor shops and through the HARVEY webshop.The role
Applicants need to demonstrate a can do attitude, be able to work to deadline in a fast-paced environment, and possess an excellent grasp of the English language.
Working on a broad range of projects from social media campaigns on new publications to digital updates and newsletters, you must be flexible, quick to adapt and comfortable with working on a variety of tasks.
This role may be well suited to graduate level entry or to somebody at the equivalent level of experience.
-----------------------------------Job DescriptionMain purposes of job
- Communication and brand development
- Strengthening and maintaining the Company’s strong brand reputation
- Creation of a communication strategy using social media to drive engagement to complement existing strong relationships with retailers, in cooperation with the existing marketing team handling traditional media
- Developing e-commerce
- Manage and maintain e-commerce channels ensuring maximisation of revenues through promotion channels
- Social media
- Development of a digital media plan encompassing social media platforms
- Lead the execution of the social media plan and manage day to day social media tasks
- HARVEY community
- Development of the HARVEY community
- Execution of coordinated and targeted campaigns through digital media, blogs, website, newsletters
- Maintenance of the website and updating with new products
- Continually work on website functionality and appearance with user journey and conversion in mind
- New channels
- Keeping the company up to date regarding opportunities such as: a subscription model/appropriate blog/’Made in Scotland’/environmental credibility
- Analysis of activity and reporting to management on results
- Advert design for printed and digital media
- Contribution to the development of new products
- Research e.g. using Survey Monkey
- Stakeholder endearment with the local community
- Greater social media following
- Larger, more engaged following in the various platforms of social media including Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Hootsuite
- Increased market share
- Increased sales through the website
- More extensive brand recognition
- Along with other staff, the candidate will be responsible for safeguarding and enhancing the Company’s intellectual property (website, brand, map data)
- Knowledge of various social media platforms and how each platform can be deployed to meet marketing objectives
- Strong analytical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Google analytics
- Very strong communication and team-working skills
- High level of organisation coupled with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple objectives within a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience with e-commerce software e.g. Sellerdeck
- Knowledge of, or an interest in, the outdoors and navigation would be beneficial to the candidate; otherwise development and training would be required in this area. This would be supported
NB this job description is provided to assist the post holder to know their principal duties. It may be amended however from time to time in consultation with you, without change to the level of responsibility appropriate to the grading of the post.
-----------------------------------Key conditions of service
Further relevant information
- Hours: 40 hours per week, including some evening and weekends. Days/hours to be agreed
- Contract: Permanent position
- Salary: ca. £19,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- Annual leave: 29 days
- Probationary period: 6 months
This is a full time post based at the Company's offices in Doune, Perthshire. The demands of the job may involve periods away from time to time.
All applicants must be currently eligible to work in the UK.
HARVEY is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.Application and interview details
Closing date for applications: 26 July 2018
Applications should be in writing, with a c.v. and references (and/or contacts for referees), giving details of interests, experience and expertise, current commitments and availability, to Susan Harvey at:
Harvey Map Services Ltd, 12-22 Main Street, Doune, Perthshire FK16 6BJ, Scotland, or
Selection of the successful applicant will be by interview and tests at a mutually convenient date and time. Shortlisted candidates may be required to provide a short video presentation prior to interview
If you wish further information, please telephone Susan Harvey on 01786 841202