Where you need a map of a specific area, or a number of copies, it may be most economic to have a specially made map or a map extract. You can have additional information added to the basic map e.g routes, sponsors logo, emergency instructions.
- Map excerpts for outdoor centres and trainers who use the same area often
- Contour-only maps for navigation training
- Maps for book illustrations
- Cycle maps
HARVEY digital data can be customised and edited as necessary. Maps are normally supplied on waterproof paper for outdoor purposes. Small and large quantities catered for.Maps for events
HARVEY has more than 35 years experience in providing maps for outdoor events, fell races and challenges, including such well-known names as the OMM, RAB, Saunders, Capricorn, 10 Peaks and Caledonian Challenge. Whether or not you are new to event organisation, do contact us to talk through your project.
We can provide full maps or map extracts, with or without checkpoints, courses, out of bounds, logos, adverts, text. Course maps from selected previous Mountain Marathons are available, for example OMM
Related mapping services
Required information for custom maps
To help us with your project please consider the following information when contacting us:
- Map area required - grid references of the upper-left and bottom-right corners of the mapping required
- Map purpose - if you can tell us what the map will be used for we will be able to assist you more easily
- Scale - your preferred map scale. For example 1:25,000 or 1:40,000? (bear in mind this affects the final paper size of your map)
- Map format - do you require a digital map or a printed map?
- Number of copies required?
- Supplementary information on the map or in the layout?
- Timeframe - when do you need to receive the finished map?
If you are unsure about any of the above, do not worry! The most important thing is that you contact us!
- Large-scale mapping for land managers
- Digital photogrammetry
- General cartographic services
- Air survey for land management
- Detailed contour surveys for windfarm planning
For further information please contact us using the details below.
telephone: +44 (0) 1786 841202