January 2021 - Cycling Routes
Cycling is a low impact exercise that offers a wealth of benefits. It also varies in intensity, making it suitable for all levels. It can help shape a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally.
HARVEY Maps Production Manager, Chris, takes us through some of his memorable routes.
1. Loch Katrine: a classic ride on virtually traffic free road along the loch shore. Plus the opportunity to make the return leg on a steamship!
2. Round the Forth: shorter version of the full round the Forth loop, which crosses the Forth via Clackmannanshire bridge
Difficulty: 2/5 (depending on pit-stops!)
3. Rosedale Chimney Bank: a brute! I’ve never actually made it up the hill without getting off and pushing. Yorkshire is well known for its multitude of excellent cycle routes. This is a lesser known climb.
4. Aberfeldy-Dunkeld loop: a full day starts with a long but very satisfying climb out of Aberfeldy.
Map: Highland Perthshire
5. Grizedale Forest: loads of off-road trails through the forest, from wide gravel trails to technical single track.
Difficulty: all levels
Return to the News & Features Blog